(Promoted by Colorado Pols)
Politics in Colorado are never boring, but 2014 is shaping up to be one of the craziest elections we’ve ever seen in the Centennial State. We’ve got a strip club owner running for office who just released a campaign ad about marijuana with Wyclef Jean and a candidate running for the state house on a platform of demon exorcism.
But perhaps the craziest of all the candidates we’ll see on the ballot in Colorado this year is the Republican candidate running for Governor named Bob Beauprez. Here’s a list of the ten wackiest things Beauprez has said on the record. Once you read it, we think you’ll agree Beauprez is the craziest Republican America has never heard of.
11. Beauprez said climate change is “at best a grossly overhyped issue and at worst a complete hoax foisted on most of the world.”
Climate change. Facebook fees. Any questions? Source
10. Beauprez supported northeast Colorado secessionists: “maybe we ought to just go our separate ways. Why don’t you run your state and we’ll run ours.”
Then why does he want to be governor of THIS COLORADO at all?! Source
9. Beauprez wants to end the democratic election of U.S. Senators: “I think states lost an enormous amount of their leverage, their accountability when the 17th Amendment…was passed.”
What a great 19th Century idea! Source
8. Beauprez says Muslim Sharia law is being used in Colorado: “It is creeping in. It’s creeping in not only in Colorado, but all across America.”
Where does he get this stuff? Source
7. Beauprez thinks half the nation is a bunch of freeloaders: “we’ve got almost half the population perfectly happy that somebody else is paying the bill.”
This really brings Americans together. Source
6. Beauprez says citizens are buying up guns and ammo because “they may need to protect themselves against the government that was supposed to be instituted to protect us.”
5. Bob Beauprez said President Obama is "pushing" the nation toward civil war.
That’s just crazy. Source
4. Bob Beauprez on Barack Obama’s citizenship: “if this guy is an American citizen, he’s a different kind of an American than virtually any that I know.”
2007 called, wants its dumbest issue back. Source
3. Beauprez said “when they can start tracking us with a little microchip…we’re living through what was a while ago was fantasy, Orwell’s ‘1984.’
Beauprez continued, “and it is among us. You know a lot of people think that we’re kind of out there along the fringe for even talking like this.” O-kay… Source
2. Bob Beauprez says the IUD is an “abortifacient.”
Not just wrong, but apparently some Republicans ARE against birth control. Source
1. Bob Beauprez said “the situations of rape or incest, and pregnancies resulting from, are relatively few.”
That’s about as vile as it gets. Who needs Todd Akin? Source
Yes, Bob Beauprez really said all of these things!
Next time you hear Beauprez’s name, remember all the reasons why he’s too extreme for Colorado. In most cases, they’ve come out of his own mouth.