(Reposted after recent abuses of our considerable largesse – promoted by Colorado Pols)
Here’s a quick refresher course for how to get your diaries promoted to the front page and how to get your ass banned. Click below for more:
HOW TO GET YOUR DIARY PROMOTED
The best diaries to promote are those that are both relevant and require little editing for the administrators of the site. You are MUCH more likely to see your diary promoted, for example, if you follow these simple suggestions:
1. Make the headline relevant and short (and please, NEWSMAN, not in all caps). All caps is for BREAKING NEWS only. Don’t write two sentences in the headline, and please try to capitalize all of the words in the headline.
2. Where’s the link? Don’t just talk about a story – provide the link. The whole point of these here internet tubes is to share information. If you don’t know how to include the link, it’s simple:
3. Don’t post the whole story Cut and paste relevant parts. Don’t cut and paste the whole damn thing. Not only is that a copyright violation, but nobody wants to read it. Use ellipses (…) to indicate that you are citing two different sections of the story. Use blockquotes to indicate that you are citing something, and not writing something.
4. Tie your post back into Colorado and Politics. This is Colorado Pols, and we talk about Presidential politics because it affects Colorado. If you want to talk about something in another state, it had better be REALLY interesting or have some relation to Colorado. If you want to talk about something other than politics, it had better be freakin’ fantastic. But please, stick to politics.
5. Can’t cite it? Don’t write it. If you can’t cite, with links, a detailed accusation about something…don’t write it here. If you want to float a rumor, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have some substance behind it. Not only will a post like that not be promoted, it will be deleted. We are not the place for you to attempt to float negative, damaging rumors about candidates, no matter the party. We will be diligent about this, and you will be banned from the site. We’re not getting sued over some rumor you tried to start. More than that, promoting unverified rumors about people is wrong, and we’re not going to do it.
6. Can’t write nice? Don’t write at all. Please, no vulgarity or unnecessary and childish name-calling. Your post will disappear faster than a can of hair spray in Adele Arakawa’s medicine cabinet, and you’ll be on your way to getting banned from the site.
Thanks all. Please feel free to suggest your own community rules below. This is your world – we just lord over it.
tM e d P xg