– access to birth control is like Hitler and genocide and euthanasia
– President should enforce imaginary anti porn law
– gas prices up (from supply and demand): It’s Obama’s fault!
– S&P/DJIA/NASDAQ up (recession is ended – see “demand” problem above): It’s because of breaking a union
Really? How does this count as free speech?
– Rev Wright reflects poorly on the President, but the various religious …”curiousities” of the GOTP candidates are off limits.
– Birth control reduces abortions and unwanted pregnancy. How is it “pro-life” to be anti birth control?
– The rapist’s victim was forced to marry the rapis (Morroco) and then commits suicide and she’s the one who doesn’t repsect life?
– a rape victim who gets pregnant should welcome the life forced upon her. (Santorum and other nut jobs.)
– Why are so many pro-lifers in favor of capital punishment?
– Keystone pipeline (inevitable) will reduce the supply of oil in the USA, and therefore increase price while offering a few temporary jobs. But to oppose it is bad for America.
– The USA consumes 20% + of the world oil supply and has 2% of known reserves. Drill baby drill is insane.
– It’s March. so it’s looking good to great for the Cubs.
Libya intervention – bad, even though it (apparently) worked.
Syria lack of intervention – bad, even though there is no clear path to any kind of success (Though Turkey could “solve” this for us as a NATO issue.)
Killing Somali pirates, and OBL, and other terrorists – what?
Not invading Iran – mistake. Even though, like Syria (hmm- could the two be related?) there is no path to “success”.
TARP, QE1, 2 (and 3 and 4), auto industry bailout: all bad. Even though there was no depression (yet) and all saved jobs.
The gov’t should get out of the way and not intervene to affect unemployment. Or the gov’t hasn’t done enough to get unemployment lower. Either way, blame Obama.
We should follow China’s example. China are godless commies.
Welfare bad- ag subsidies good.
Law and order and support the police. Except private carry guns on campus are good and the police don’t want them.
Yeah, it’s looking good to great, as usual.
You’re right. Up is down these days.
to April, this year.
A first grade teacher explains to her class that she’s a (your team) fan and asks her students to raise their hands if they’re (your team) fans, too. Not really knowing what a (your team) fan is but wanting to be just like their teacher, the students raise hands into the air. Not MADCO.
The teacher asks MADCO “Why no hand.” “Because I’m a Cubs fan,” MADCO says.
The teacher asks little MADCO why she’s a Cubs fan. “Well, my mom and dad are Cubs fans, so I’m a Cubs fan, too.”
“That’s no reason!” the teacher says loudly. “What if your mom was a hooker, and your dad was a drug addict. What would you be then?”
“Well that’s easy” says MADCO, “I’d be a (your team) fan.”
I think there has been this insidious subculture of fear and hate that has been going on for years. It took electing a black Democrat President, recognizing we have a growing Hispanic community and the gay marriage debate (among many other things) in the last four years for the dam to break. The war on women is a natural by-product of the pro-life movement that had been held in check by moderate Republicans and most Democrats since Roe-Wade. Never mind that the depression we are coming out of was started by a President who wanted to fight two wars simultaneously while lowering taxes on the rich and famous.
The depression, according to these neocons (Christians?), is because “we lost our way” on all of the above under Obama.
Heard “Barking Head” applied to Rush Limbaugh and Bill O’Reilly for the first time today (although apparently the term has been around a while).
To me, that sounds appropriately dismissive to indicate that their influence with the public is on the wane.
This is going to set up an interesting rivalry in some markets and in some cases where Rush airs on Cumulous all they have to do is not renew his contract.
Let the competition begin – at least Huckabee for all his conservative creds doesn’t go out of his way to insult, malign a persons character.
If Huckabee is successful in displacing Rush in some markets, that would be a good step towards offering a forum for more respectful discourse, which has been sadly absent for about the last 30 years.
Rush, et al, with their stock-in-trade hate and disinformation, will always have an audience. But if they are reduced to a dark, dank corner to spew their bilious commentary instead of the town square, perhaps it will leave room for common sense to make its long overdue return.
What kind of mood must you be in now after reciting this pathetic litany?
MADCOw, you need a (green) beer!
E-mail this to my right-wing-nut relatives who are completely averse and immune to logic?
I hope that is one immunity that is not genetic.