(Promoted by Colorado Pols)
These are all quotes by presidents. Post your answers, with no searching the internet, reading books, etc! I'll post the correct answers Monday.
- You lose
- Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
- First used the phrase “Military-Industrial Complex”
- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli.
- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
- “Tell the truth” (instructions to his supporters on what to say when asked about his illegitimate child).
- If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog. (May not have actually said it, but commonly attributed to him.)
- Extra credit – What president’s parrot had such a filthy mouth, it was removed from his funeral?
ps – Started our last company meeting with these. The team Social Democrats win with 5/11.