For those of you who are unfamiliar with the proposed Waxman-Markey legislation please see the link to the text below.
Is there anything that our Governor stands for anymore?! Does he have an opinion on anything?! This is why I can’t see myself supporting Ritter in the next election.
He claims to be for environmentally responsible policies, and yet rolls over every time something that requires an actual opinion comes up. And this is not the first time he’s shown a total absence of leadership and hidden under his desk on an issue important to most democrats. He’s done it with labor, with the death penalty, and with the environment before.
So to help Governor Ritter get into leadership/decision-making shape by the next election, I’m starting a 12 Step Program to be rolled out when the Gov’s really in need.
Step one: Help Ritter become comfortable with answering basic opinion questions. This may seem rudimentary to most Pols readers, but I assure you that based upon the Governor’s recent loss of backbone, even these questions may be difficult for him to form an honest opinion on and answer.
1. What is your favorite color?
2. Do you love your wife?
3. How many children do you have? (Granted, not an opinion question, but wanted to throw in a quantitative one every now and then to help the governor use both the qualitative and quantitative parts of his brain in unison. Like using the facts to form a decision.)
4. Will the Broncos go to the Super Bowl next season? (Any answer but no would be political spin. This is a good control question to see if he’s being honest.)
5. Chicken or Steak?
6. Or Salmon?
7. Oprah or Dr. Phil?
8. Wax on or wax off? Or is it best to do both?
9. Chicken Burrito or Chicken Pazole?
10. Clean air or clean water? (This may be too much for him at this early stage).
I hope this helps, Governor. More steps to follow.
Link to H.R. 2454 http://www.govtrack.us/congres…