2018-19 #TrumpShutdown Day 27 Open Thread

“My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart”

–Donald Trump

1 Shares

10 Community Comments, Facebook Comments

1. Diogenesdemar says:

Dear Nancy,

I will gladly make Mexico pay for a wall tomorrow, for 5,00,00000.000 hamberders today?

Let’s mack a deely!

Your good brain stable genius Presdibent,

Donnie McT

2. itlduso says:

Since about August, 2016 I've had one bumper sticker on my car: "NeverTrump"

I've ordered an additional bumper sticker that I'll put next to the "NeverTrump"sticker.  The new one says, "NeverRussia".

Interestingly, I could be mistaken for a Republican since the Never Trump movement started in the GOP (especially with CO RNC delegates).  And, in the not too distant past, the GOP was known for being against Russia.

3. PseudonymousPseudonymous says:

A little something to help you start your day.

• Diogenesdemar says:

TrumptyWorld is almost like a script from a Coen brothers’ movie . . .

Michael Cohen Acknowledges Payments to Boost Trump in Online Polls

The Journal reported that in early 2015, before Mr. Trump declared himself a candidate for president, Mr. Cohen gave $12,000 to $13,000 in cash stuffed in a Walmart bag to John Gauger, the owner of RedFinch Solutions, who also works for Liberty University. The money was in exchange for help boosting Mr. Trump’s name in two online polls.

Mr. Cohen was supposed to pay Mr. Gauger $50,000 for the work, the man told The Journal, but the full amount was never paid out. However, Mr. Cohen billed the Trump Organization $50,000 for technology services, according to federal prosecutors in Manhattan, who referenced the amount in a charging document.

4. davebarnesdavebarnes says:

We have a by-election coming up.

"Tom Marino, who just began his fifth term in the U.S. Congress, has announced his resignation effective Jan. 23…. the 12th Congressional District of Pennsylvania"

5. DENependent says:

Scandinavia and the World did a two panel comic about what is going on in America. It amused me. In a bleak sort of way.